Monday, May 21, 2012

Take Me Out To the Ballgame


It's baseball season and this means two things: Cheering on my San Francisco Giants and indulging in all things ballpark food. For anyone that has not experienced AT&T Park, it is the Disneyland for adults. All biased aside, it really is one of the most beautiful stadiums I've ever seen. And not only is the team and stadium amazing but the food is better than any baseball park I have been to, along with a great selection of micro brews. There is something there for just about every diet and foodie desire.
Maybe it is that baseball season brings back memories, going all the way back to my childhood, whether it was going to an Giants game or an Oakland A's game, I spent a majority of my summer at a baseball game, either with my family or when I got older my friends. As a little kid I ate my way through the game. Starting, of course, with a hot dog and soda (I've now graduated to beer), and then to nachos (extra cheese sauce) or maybe a pretzel (extra mustard), and then it was whatever vendor came by but a Red Vine Rope and ice cream were most definitely in the rotation though. It's funny because things haven't changed. I still eat my way through a baseball game, in between cheering on my team and yelling at the ump of course.
The one thing you can't go to a Giants game without eating is the garlic fries. There is no discussion that these are hands down the best thing at the Giants stadium and are the best garlic fries I have had anywhere else and i consider myself a connoisseur of sorts in the area of garlic fries. It is worth holding your hand in front of your mouth the rest of the night, going through a pack of gum and smelling like garlic into the next day. These fries are one of the best things you will ever eat!!!!! In all actuality, it really doesn't matter if you have garlic breath at a Giants game because it is almost guaranteed that everyone else around you will too. If the person next you didn't order them just let them have a taste of yours and you are all good. Two garlics always cancel each other out as Rachel Ray says. Make sure to check my blog tomorrow as I pay homage to this wonderful creation called garlic fries.
I am no longer in the San Francisco Bay Area so going to a Giants game proves to be a bit more difficult but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a game, or ten, watching the Diamondback's minor league team, the Visalia Rawhide, here in the Central Valley but when the Giants minor league team, the San Jose Giants are in town you better bet that you can find me in my Giants jersey and hat cheering for the away team and ignoring the dirty looks from the home team fans. With a hot dog and beer in my hand naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment