Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hear ye, Hear ye! I Give To You The Chocolate Chip

I was all set to write about a different topic...and then I saw an article about today being National Chocolate Chip Day. So today I honor the Chocolate Chip in the best way I know how, by making chocolate chip cookies of course. But this little oversight got me thinking, "If I almost missed this amazing day of celebration, then what other days dedicated to chocolate or sugary treats am I overlooking as well?" The only sensible thing was to Google "National Food Days" to see what I have been missing and I could not believe all the days dedicated to some of my favorite indulgences that I had neglected to celebrate. Here are just a few of the celebrations I will be sure not to miss again, so mark your calenders and get ready to celebrate your favorite treats.

January
2nd-National Cream Puff Day
5th-National Whipped Cream Day
23rd- National Pie Day

February
2nd- National Carrot Cake Day
21st- National Sticky Bun Day
27th- National Chocolate Cake Day
28th- National Chocolate Souffle Day (Chocolate Souffle at Morton's. Best ever!)

March
2nd- National Banana Cream Pie Day

April
6th- Caramel Popcorn Day
13th- National Peach Cobbler Day
20nd- National Pineapple Upside-down Cake Day
22nd- National Jelly Bean Day

May
8th- National Coconut Cream Pie Day
13th- National Apple Pie Day
19th- Devil's Food Cake Day

June
2nd- National Rocky Road Day
7th- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
11th- National German Chocolate Cake Day
14th- National Strawberry Shortcake Day
22nd- National Chocolate Eclair Day

July
12th- National Pecan Pie Day
20th- -National Ice Cream Day
21st- National Creme Brulee Day
25th- National Hot Fudge Sunday Day
30th- National Cheesecake Day

August
6th- National Root Beer Float Day
10th- National S'mores Day
14th- National Creamsicle Day
24- National Peach Pie Day
25- National Banana Split Day

September
12th- National Chocolate Milkshake Day
14th-National Cream-Filled Donut Day

October
10th- National Angel Food Cake Day
18th- National Chocolate Cupcake Day

November
5th- National Donut Day

 December
7th- National Cotton Candy Day
8th- National Brownie Day
25th- National Pumpkin Pie Day
...and many, many more.
   
The only thing left is to pour a glass of milk, grab a cookie, or three, still warm with all its melted chocolate chip fabulousity, settle in on the couch and raise a cookie to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment