Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day: More Than A Day of BBQ. A Day of Remembrance and Thanks


Pepper Jack Cheeseburger on a Sesame Seed Bun with Romaine Lettuce, Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion
with White Corn on the Cob
As we celebrate with family and friends laying by the pool, barbecuing and filling our tummies with chips and salsa, macaroni salad, potato salad, corn on the cob, strawberry shortcake, brats and hamburgers and all the fixings that go along, let us take a moment to remember the meaning of Memorial Day. Let us give thanks and remember all those that gave their lives fighting in the military for the United States and our freedoms. It is because of a soldier that we are here, enjoying this beautiful day in May, with the rights that were drawn out so long ago and protected through the years by the sacrifice of the men and women of the military. Also give thanks to the men and women that today are actively fighting to keep your rights intact and fight for your protection and safety. They deserve our utmost respect for the job that they are doing, or have done, and a job that they have taken on as their own responsibility. Also give thanks to the husbands and wives, children and families behind these brave men and women in the military, for they are also the embodiment of bravery and strength as well as they are there giving support, sacrificing and stepping into different roles as needed . I am proud to be an American and to live in a country built by the determination of so many brave soldiers willing to fight and give their all to keep me safe and stand up for what they believe, even if that meant at the risk of losing their life. With that I say thank you and I take a moment to remember all the brave men and women in the military who have lost their lives in the pursuit of freedom and thank all the military men and women currently serving our country or have served and are one of the many great veterans of the military. Thank you!

And to my brother who currently serves in the Army, I am so proud of you and the man and father you have become. I am so lucky to have you in my life and to be able to call you my brother. I pray for your safety and strength and for your return home. Today I raise my hamburger to you little brother. Next year you will be eating one right next to me. Love you.
My brave and amazing brother.
Sorry Ladies, he's taken! And by an amazing woman who fought for our country as well.

My Cheeseburger toast to my brother

My younger, yet bigger, brother and I.
What can I say, good looks (and a goofy smile) run in the family :)
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment