Thursday, May 10, 2012

Not Your Mom's Brussels Sprouts

I am here to plead with you to give Brussels Sprouts a second chance.

We all remember the Brussels Sprouts of our childhood days, the overcooked and slightly smelly green blobs that sat on our plates and no matter how we pushed them around they did not seem to disappear or look any less menacing. But then something happened. A Brussels Sprout epiphany! I decided to give my childhood nemesis another shot, and with the first bite of the roasted and caramelized deliciousness that was a Brussels Sprout, I fell in love. Knowing how amazing Brussels Sprouts are, and how many people are missing out on these little green treasures due to the bad experience they had with them as a child, I am asking, okay begging you, to give them another try.


Roasted Brussels Sprouts

It is so easy and simple to make these yummy little morsels. My brother calls them Brussels Sprout chips and asks me to cook them all the time.

Cut the brown ends off as well as any yellowish leaves or leaves that look bad. Cut them in half and place the halves on a sheet pan. Coat them in Extra Virgin olive oil and add kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Place in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the crispness you prefer. Check them at about 30 minutes just to see how they are looking. I like mine browned and almost burnt but it all depends on your preference. I can almost guarantee that once you have tried Roasted Brussels Sprouts that you too will be on Team Brussels Sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment