Monday, June 11, 2012

Beat the Summer Heat With A Peachy Pleasure

Mostly Peach White Wine Sangria
The summer is heating up and in an effort to help you beat the heat, especially those of you that don't have air conditioning because believe me I say I feel your pain on the no air conditioning. I went through many a summers without it, the still days and nights, without the breeze that usually comes off the water in the Bay Area. If only I had this drink recipe on those days to make the nights a little more cool and uplifting. A drink that is fruity and crisp yet sweet and effervescent. A drink that just looking at its colorful array brings a smile to your face. A drink that will impress family and friends before they even have a sip. What is this wonderful drink I speak of? A Mostly Peach White Wine Sangria of course.

I made this Sangria recipe the other night when we had family over for dinner and because I always think it is fun to have a signature drink when you have a large group of people (yes, I have a very big family). I thought Sangria would be the perfect cocktail due to its fun and playful side, a lot like my family if you ask me.  It also went perfect with the Grilled Peach and Steak Salad that I served (tune in tomorrow for that yummy recipe that is perfect for this weekend). Needless to say it was a success and everyone loved it. One of my aunts even called the next day for the recipe to make for company that she had coming over the next night.  So instead of hoarding this recipe to myself, I thought I would be nice and share it with all of you. I insist you must try it once but just a little warning, they may taste deliciousness and fruit filled but there is alcohol in it and it can pack a punch. So drink slowly and enjoy responsibly.

Mostly Peach White Wine Sangria

1.5L Pinot Grigio (I used Barefoot Pinot Grigio but any Pinto Grigio you like)
750ml Sparkling water
175ml Champagne extra dry (the mini bottles of Champagne)
1/4 cup Brandy
6oz. blackberries
6oz. raspberries
1 green apple
1 yellow peach
2 white peaches
1 1/2 cups simple syrup

Directions:

In a pitcher add the bottle of Pinot Grigio, Brandy, 3oz. of raspberries and 3oz. of blackberries in a pitcher. Cut apples and peaches into thin slices and add them to the pitcher and stir. Add the Champagne, Sparkling water and simple syrup and stir gently. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but  4-6 hours is even better, letting all the flavors come together. Place the other 3oz. of raspberries and 3oz. of blackberries in the freezer. When it is time to serve place the Sangria you can either place the frozen berries in the pitcher to keep the cocktail cool or in individual glasses that you have set out for your guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment